Air Force is proud to host the Centenary of Military Aviation Air Show at RAAF Williams – Point Cook, commemorating 100 years of military aviation in Australia. The event features air and ground displays highlighting the significant advances in military aircraft over the past 100 years and is showcasing the professionalism and capabilities of today’s Air Force. The Air Show commemorates a significant moment in Australia’s military aviation history when Lieutenant Eric Harrison, an aviation instructor with the Central Flying School, made Australia’s first military flight taking off from RAAF Williams – Point Cook in a Bristol Boxkite on 1 March 1914. RAAF Williams – Point Cook is the birth place of military aviation in Australia and the oldest continually operating military airfield in the world.
more recommended stories
- First fleet of Pilatus PC-21 handed over to Defence
From early 2019, the new fleet.
- Land 400 Phase 2 contender aligns with Defence Industry Ministers Vision
Rheinmetall Defence Australia aligns with Defence.
- Laser strike – A high energy laser mounted on a helicopter shoots a target in groundbreaking test
A Raytheon high energy laser mounted.
- Defence accepts delivery of first Air Warfare Destroyer Hobart
Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon.
- Journey to Hobart Provisional Acceptance
Friday 16 June 2017 - Celebrating.
- F-35A Lightning ll Practice for 2017 Paris Airshow
A video has come to light.
- Rheinmetall Boxer CRV and BAE Systems Australia Patria AMV35 Land 400 live firing video
In an updated to our story.
- New small unmanned aerial systems for ADF
A new world-class surveillance and reconnaissance.
- Defence Technical Scholarship – Careers Experience
The Defence Technical Scholarship tour was.
- Australian Army Skill at Arms Meeting 2017
The Australian Army Skill at Arms.