The AN-124-100M is one of the world’s largest cargo aircraft and is capable of carrying up to 150 tonnes of cargo, almost double that of a C-17.
Force Installation Team 31’s efforts to upgrade the Communications and Information Systems in the Middle East region have been bolstered by the arrival of more than 92 tonnes of equipment on an Antonov Airlines AN-124-100M.
The AN-124-100M is one of the world’s largest cargo aircraft, and is capable of carrying up to 150 tonnes of cargo, almost double the carrying capacity of a C-17 Globemaster.
There are around 500 Australian Defence Force personnel deployed on Operation ACCORDION.
Their mission is to support and sustain Australia’s operations in the Middle East region, enable contingency operations and enhance regional relationships.
more recommended stories
- EA-18G Growler at Riverfire
RAAF EA-18G Hornet, aka the Growler,.
- Australia’s Chief of Air Force Completes First Flight in the AIR 5428 PC-21
EAST SALE, Australia, August 16, 2017 –.
- Australia’s first F-35 Joint Strike Fighter’s less than 500 days away
Australia's F-35 Joint Strike Fighters less.
- F-35 Strike Fighter Squadron Commanding Officer takes flight
Wing Commander Darren Clare taxies back.
- First fleet of Pilatus PC-21 handed over to Defence
From early 2019, the new fleet.
- Final mission for Heron
Heron, receives a traditional "crossed swords".
- New Joint Capabilities Group opens for business
Newly formed Defence Joint Capabilities Group.
- New Oshkosh Firefighting trucks shown to Chief of Air Force at RAAF Base Amberley
New Oshkosh Firefighting trucks shown to.
- ADF Support to PNG Elections
The Defence Force (ADF) has delivered.
- AP-3C Orion aircraft to provide surveillance support to the Armed Forces of the Philippines
AP-3C Orion aircraft to provide surveillance.