The Navy’s fleet of helicopters is based in Nowra, NSW. Each type of helicopter is assigned to a particular Squadron, who maintain, service and fly the particular aircraft. When operational, the helicopters are located aboard ships out at sea so are built to withstand extreme conditions like heavy rain, strong winds and high seas. They are involved in a range of operations including search and rescue, over-sea transport, surface and submarine warfare and delivery of troops and equipment.
Find out more here: http://goo.gl/UJKFh
more recommended stories
- Opportunities abound in Defence Sector – UNISA Defence Industry Director
Position vacant, the University of South.
- Land 400 Phase 2 contender aligns with Defence Industry Ministers Vision
Rheinmetall Defence Australia aligns with Defence.
- Laser strike – A high energy laser mounted on a helicopter shoots a target in groundbreaking test
A Raytheon high energy laser mounted.
- Defence accepts delivery of first Air Warfare Destroyer Hobart
Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon.
- Journey to Hobart Provisional Acceptance
Friday 16 June 2017 - Celebrating.
- F-35A Lightning ll Practice for 2017 Paris Airshow
A video has come to light.
- Rheinmetall Boxer CRV and BAE Systems Australia Patria AMV35 Land 400 live firing video
In an updated to our story.
- New small unmanned aerial systems for ADF
A new world-class surveillance and reconnaissance.
- Defence Technical Scholarship – Careers Experience
The Defence Technical Scholarship tour was.
- Australian Army Skill at Arms Meeting 2017
The Australian Army Skill at Arms.