The Multi-role Aviation Training Vessel (MATV) MV Sycamore powering toward the Port of Sydney
Due to arrive any-time-now in Port of Sydney the Multi-role Aviation Training Vessel (MATV) MV Sycamore will provide the Royal Australian Navy a training platform for all naval helicopter operations.
We previously reported that the MV Sycamore was put through her paces with an extensive testing programme of all on-board military systems, including testing of the air traffic radar, flight deck lighting and firefighting, flight deck communication systems and helicopter traverse installation procedures. It was a successful trial. All systems and processes of the vessel were accepted by representatives of the Commonwealth of Australia.
All systems and processes of the vessel were accepted by representatives of the Commonwealth of Australia.
As a helicopter training tool
“We are proud to hear that the MV Sycamore has passed her first tests with flying colours,” says Damen Sales Director Asia Pacific Roland Briene. “Based on Damen’s successful and proven OPV series, the MATV is a very versatile ship.”
The chief role of the vessel will be to provide a training platform for all possible helicopter-related operations, such as helicopter deck landings and take off, helicopter (in-flight) refuelling operations and air traffic control.
While initially destined to arrive in late May, the 94-metre long MV Sycamore is due to arrive in her home Port of Sydney this week.
more recommended stories
- HMAS Warramunga deploys for nine month Middle East mission
HMAS Warramunga and her ship’s 190.
- Chief of Navy closes Sea Power Conference
Chief of Navy, Vice Admiral Tim.
- Minister for Defence visits Submarine Training and Systems Centre
Minister for Defence, Senator the Hon.
- Teekay Australia awarded contract for provision of civilian crew for Sycamore multi-role aviation training vessel
The MV Sycamore will soon support.
- MV Sycamore multi-role aviation training vessel (MATV) – Now in SYDNEY
"It is definitely an impressive sight.
- Update on HMAS Canberra and Adelaide
The inspection of HMAS Adelaide identified.
- Successful completion of sea trials of the Multi-role Aviation Training Vessel (MATV) MV Sycamore
The coming weeks will see the.
- Official battle honour board presented to Hobart Commanding Officer Captain John Stavridis
Commanding Officer for Hobart, Captain John.
- Defence accepts delivery of first Air Warfare Destroyer Hobart
Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon.
- HMAS Anzac conduct first class flight trials with the MRH-90
HMAS Anzac conduct first class flight.