Heron, receives a traditional “crossed swords” spraying of water by Tindal firefighters at the end of its final mission for the RAAF, part of Exercise Diamond Storm.
Today marked the day of the final mission for the Heron
In the photo above the Royal Australian Air Force Remotely Piloted Aircraft, Heron, receives a traditional “crossed swords” spraying of water by Tindal firefighters at the end of its final mission for the RAAF, part of Exercise Diamond Storm.
Exercise Diamond Storm, run by the Air Warfare Centre, is one of the practical components of the Air Warfare Instructors Course which graduates students who are experts in Australian Defence Force capabilities and integration across the services, and also have technical mastery of their own roles, capabilities and systems.
The Heron has been instrumental in developing Australia’s Defence capability within the RAAF, and has paved the way for the introduction of the Triton Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS).
Triton is a high altitude, long endurance (HALE) aircraft that will be used for maritime patrol and other surveillance roles.
It will support missions of up to 24 hours, with a sensor suite that provides a 360-degree view of its surroundings, for over 2,000 nautical miles.
Seven Tritons will be based at RAAF Base Edinburgh and will operate alongside the P-8A Poseidon, replacing the existing AP-3C Orion capability.
more recommended stories
- EA-18G Growler at Riverfire
RAAF EA-18G Hornet, aka the Growler,.
- Australia’s Chief of Air Force Completes First Flight in the AIR 5428 PC-21
EAST SALE, Australia, August 16, 2017 –.
- Australia’s first F-35 Joint Strike Fighter’s less than 500 days away
Australia's F-35 Joint Strike Fighters less.
- F-35 Strike Fighter Squadron Commanding Officer takes flight
Wing Commander Darren Clare taxies back.
- New Joint Capabilities Group opens for business
Newly formed Defence Joint Capabilities Group.
- New Oshkosh Firefighting trucks shown to Chief of Air Force at RAAF Base Amberley
New Oshkosh Firefighting trucks shown to.
- ADF Support to PNG Elections
The Defence Force (ADF) has delivered.
- AP-3C Orion aircraft to provide surveillance support to the Armed Forces of the Philippines
AP-3C Orion aircraft to provide surveillance.
- Operation ACCORDION
The AN-124-100M is one of the.
- RAAF P-8A Poseidon completes first overseas deployment
A Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF).