The builders of Australia’s MV Sycamore multi-role aviation training vessel (MATV), described by the builder as Australia’s first OPV, are tomorrow hosting a welcome function onboard the new, which arrived in Sydney a couple of weeks ago.
The Sycamore has been acquired to support a range of Navy training activities including initial helicopter deck landing qualifications as well as other Navy mariner skills training, such as at sea familiarisation, practice weapon recovery, navigation training and limited fleet support duties.
The MATV has contracted civilian core crew of 17 personnel, provided by Teekay Shipping, which will be supplemented across the range of training activities by Australian Defence Force and other government personnel as required.
more recommended stories
- Guide Missile Destroyer future HMAS Hobart arrives in Sydney
Soon to be HMAS Hobart arrives.
- Commendations awarded to Ships Division personnel
Commendations awarded to Ships Division personnel.
- Naval Group Appoints Executive Director for the Australian future submarine program
Jean-Michel Billig has been appointed Naval.
- Lloyd’s Register joins Damen Shipyards on trade mission in Australia
In the Defence sector, Lloyds Register.
- Prime example of Defence Connecting Australian Industry
Growing benefits of the looming Offshore.
- Australia’s Future Submarine Program reaches major international milestone
Lockheed Martin Australia and Naval Group.
- Turning point for the Type 26 Global Combat Ship program – SEA5000?
BAE Systems Chief Executive Glynn Phillips.
- Newcastle to be revitalised with new maritime hub
Newcastle to be revitalised with new.
- Teekay Australia awarded contract for provision of civilian crew for Sycamore multi-role aviation training vessel
The MV Sycamore will soon support.
- Navantia Opportunities for Queensland Companies on Future Frigate
Australian industry has a strong track.