Chief of Navy, Vice Admiral Tim Barrett, AO, CSC, RAN, spoke at the closing ceremony of the 2017 SeaPower conference
Last week the Royal Australian Navy hosted the biennial Sea Power Conference, with senior naval delegations from around the world descending on Sydney for three days of discussions and Navy-to-Navy engagements.
Run alongside the Pacific 2017 international maritime exposition, Sea Power Conference is Navy’s premier gathering of naval chiefs and this year will explore the broad theme of ‘The Navy and the Nation’, focusing on maritime identity, the significance of maritime economics and use of oceans.
Chief of Navy, Vice Admiral Tim Barrett, AO, CSC, RAN, spoke at the closing ceremony of the 2017 SeaPower conference while onboard the recently commissioned Air Warfare Destroyer HMAS Hobart.
more recommended stories
- HMAS Warramunga deploys for nine month Middle East mission
HMAS Warramunga and her ship’s 190.
- F-35 Asia-Pacific Regional Warehouse
Australian defence industry wins $300 million.
- Projects of Concern Update
In a Joint Media Release, the.
- RHEINMETALL ANNOUNCE DEFENCE INDUSTRY ENHANCING GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP
RHEINMETALL ANNOUNCE AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE INDUSTRY ENHANCING.
- Minister for Defence visits Submarine Training and Systems Centre
Minister for Defence, Senator the Hon.
- Australian Industry Capability Plan Template
The Turnbull Government moves to increase.
- DCNS changes its name to Naval Group
Europe’s largest naval shipbuilder, DCNS, has.
- Teekay Australia awarded contract for provision of civilian crew for Sycamore multi-role aviation training vessel
The MV Sycamore will soon support.
- MV Sycamore multi-role aviation training vessel (MATV) – Now in SYDNEY
"It is definitely an impressive sight.
- Laser strike – A high energy laser mounted on a helicopter shoots a target in groundbreaking test
A Raytheon high energy laser mounted.