Defence’s maintenance contract with Boeing Defence Australia for the F/A-18A/B Classic Hornet aircraft fleet has been extended
Defence’s maintenance contract with Boeing Defence Australia for the F/A-18A/B Classic Hornet aircraft fleet has been extended to include ongoing engineering, logistics and maintenance sustainment support.
Valued at approximately $145 million, this expanded commercial arrangement will see continued support for Australia’s current fleet of 71 Classic Hornets out until December 2021, with options to extend further if required.
Minster Pyne said this extension of the contract will help sustain dozens of jobs in the Hunter Region.
“It will secure ongoing employment for approximately 80 additional workers based in Newcastle and Hunter regions of New South Wales,” Minister Pyne said.
“This contract amendment expands the volume of work and continues a highly successful partnership with Boeing Defence Australia and its subcontractors.” Minister Pyne said.
“As well as securing continued support for Australia’s air combat capability, this revised arrangement will restructure Classic Hornet aircraft support to align with the First Principles Review outcomes and allow Defence to redirect resources to transition support to newer capabilities, like the F-35A Joint Strike Fighter and EA-18G Growler,” said Minister Pyne.
more recommended stories
- Australia’s Chief of Air Force Completes First Flight in the AIR 5428 PC-21
EAST SALE, Australia, August 16, 2017 –.
- First fleet of Pilatus PC-21 handed over to Defence
From early 2019, the new fleet.
- 3rd Australian F-35A Joint Strike Fighter receives Australian made vertical tail
Australia’s next eight F-35A are in.
- $70 million contract for C-17A Globemaster sustainment
Twelve new jobs will be created.
- Introducing TAE Aerospace
TAE announced today that it will.
- TAE Welcomes AVM (rtd) Mark Skidmore to the TAE Board
TAE has an excellent reputation and.
- Boeing EC-135 T2+ Helicopter
A total of 15 Airbus EC-135.
- HATS military training helicopter for Australia
Boeing Defence Australia to provide HATS.